Island Inn Privacy Statement
Updated: June 28, 2018
Island Inn values you as our guest and recognizes that privacy is important to you. We want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose data.
Collectively, we refer to the Island Inn website, our promotional emails and our social media Pages, as the “Online Services” and, together with offline channels, the “Services.” By using the Services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
Our Privacy Statement outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances. This Privacy Statement does not apply to information which does not permit identification of an individual.
How Island Inn may collect your personal data:
– Through the islandinnsanibel.com website
– Through our social media pages
– Through HTML-formatted email messages
– Through your communications with us
– When you visit or stay as a guest of the Island Inn
– When you communicate with us through other offline interactions
Making a Reservation
When making a reservation or using Island Inn services it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your purchase and requests.This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date, and language preference. It may also include, if you choose to share that information with us, your preferences regarding the delivery of your service such as type of room, type of bed, and the like. Certain discounts or offers to, for example – seniors, veterans, or third-party memberships – may require that we collect to record your date of birth or membership status. Packages or other services that involve third parties may require your personal information to be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
Island Inn may use the information you provide to send you offers and information about our services and those of select third parties. Your information will not be given to these third parties. If you do not wish to receive such offers and information you may unsubscribe or opt-out by sending an email to [email protected], using the subject line “Unsubscribe.” Please make sure your request has sufficient personal identifiers (full name and email address) so we can appropriately act on your request. All of our marketing communication of this type will also contain instructions for unsubscribing.
By Visiting our Website
We may also evaluate our content and services and tailor our websites for visitors, based on other information we collect, such as IP addresses, which are numbers assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet, pixel tags (or clear gifs), and the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using. This information is collected in the aggregate and is not intended to identify or target individuals, but it is possible for us to tie it to any personal information you have entered on our site through cookie use as described above.
If you do not wish to have data relating to your visits to our websites collected through Google Analytics, you may opt-out by installing the Google Analytics opt-out Chrome browser add-on. You may opt-out of Facebook Custom Audiences by visiting Facebook’s opt-out page.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
1. We may disclose a guest’s personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Island Inn, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest – for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
2. Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
3. Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by Island Inn to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
4. Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by Island Inn to evaluate a customer’s credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer’s account.
5. Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of Island Inn it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of a guest’s personal information by Island Inn to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
1. Island Inn will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
2. Island Inn will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
3. Island Inn will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
4. Island Inn will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
5. Island Inn will honor your request to access your personal information in as timely fashion as is reasonably possible.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us. However, this may limit our ability to serve you.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices please contact us.